It’s time to bring out those bold red lip colors that will add the perfect touch of color and warmth to your paler complexion during those colder months. Don’t be afraid to switch up your safe pinky nude lip for something more daring, the weather is calling for it! Nothing screams confidence more than a bold colored lip choice and all it takes is your attitude and smooth, polished lips….
Nothing’s really much worse than wearing a statement color on flakey, dry lips! So here’s an easy & budget conscious DIY kitchen trick to avoid and turn those chapped lips around.
Homemade Lip Sugar Scrub
What you’ll need:
- Damp washcloth
- Warm water
- Small bowl or cup
- Brown sugar
- Organic Honey
- Rich, Non-Petroleum Lip Balm
- Press a damp, warm washcloth onto your lips for about 30 seconds to soften up the dead skin.
- Mix 1 ½ tsp of brown sugar and 1 tsp of honey (this can be re-used for a few days if kept sealed and covered)
- Using your finger, take a bit of the mixture, purse your lips, and scrub in circular motions to get the dead skin off
- Take your damp washcloth and begin rubbing in circular motions over the scrub that was previously applied
- Wipe off the mixture with your wash cloth
- Apply a rich, soothing organic lip balm without petroleum or menthol or any other no-no ingredients that may cause your lips to feel sensitive, irritated or even more dry!
The Perfect (Smooth & Soft) Bold Lip
Now that your lips feel smooth and soft, it’s time to break out those gorgeous red shades!
- Each of our ARIA Lipstick comes with a hidden lip conditioner + primer right on top of the cap! Apply a bit of the balm with your finger
- Find a color lip liner that is close to the color of your lipstick…or slightly darker to accentuate your pout and make it look more full.
- Closely & precisely line the lips just slightly outside of your natural lip line.
TIP! To ensure clean lines and to prevent your arm or hand shaking, plant your elbow on a table or flat surface.
- Next apply your favorite bold lipstick, like Hynt Beauty’s ARIA Lipstick in Red Fervor.
- If you want extra oomph, apply a dab of gloss on top to take lips center stage
I hope that this post comes in handy when you’re in need of combatting the icky side effects of blistery cold weather!
Using simple and natural ingredients like these are great for fixing beauty issues organically (albeit not vegan…) while still being health AND budget conscious!
Happy Fall! Xox
Contributing blogger & youtuber
*Photo Credits for celebrity images left to right: NYFW Zac Posen, Images of Kylie Jenner, Joan Smalls and Karlie Kloss from cambio.com